In my new role as a legal recruiter, I spend much of my time speaking with Biglaw associates and partners about their career goals and aspirations. And I have quickly come to this conclusion: everyone wants to go in-house. So I’m delighted to present a great in-house position.
An emerging growth company in the specialty pharma/life sciences/biotech space has exclusively retained Lateral Link to conduct a search for a Deputy General Counsel, to be located in the company’s headquarters in northern New Jersey. Interested candidates should submit their résumés to me via email: moc.k1569191617nilla1569191617retal1569191617@tald1569191617, subject line “In-House Opportunity.”
Reporting to the General Counsel (“GC”), the Deputy General Counsel will work closely with the GC, Chief Compliance Officer, business clients, and outside counsel on a wide range of corporate matters, including public company securities filings, corporate governance, M&A, and commercial contracts. The Deputy General Counsel will also support the General Counsel on existing business development initiatives. This is the first Deputy General Counsel role at this company, and it provides a unique opportunity for a lawyer to engage in the company’s strategic and business development efforts.
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials.
- 5+ years of experience with a major Am Law 200 law firm or corporate legal department.
- Expertise in securities law, especially public company reporting requirements and SEC filings.
- Experience with general corporate matters, including board resolutions and minutes and corporate authorization.
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts (e.g., supply agreements, master services agreements, consulting agreements).
- Desirable but not required: experience in the life-sciences industry, healthcare regulatory/compliance, M&A, litigation, intellectual property.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and be involved in all legal aspects of a growing company; candidate must be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit and cooperative attitude, sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills. As a core member of the legal team, candidate should have the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Active membership in at least one state bar.
Compensation: Competitive base salary, bonus, stock options, ESPP plan, and benefits, commensurate with experience.
Travel: Minimal travel required.
Relos: Case by case (this search is national, although local candidates are preferred).
Bar: Active membership in at least one state bar.
Seniority Level: Senior director-level or VP-level position, commensurate with experience and ability.
If you satisfy the requirements listed above and would like to learn more about this job — or if you’d like to explore your career options more generally, including opportunities at other law firms — please submit your résumé to me via email: moc.k1569191617nilla1569191617retal1569191617@tald1569191617, subject line “In-House Opportunity.”
Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you!