*CONFIDENTIAL* – Register to see this incredible opening.
About the Company:
This world-changing company strives to create software that solves some of the biggest global issues we face today. They partner with some of the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Their software has been used to stop some of the biggest terror threats, find advancements in medicines for various sicknesses, gain an edge in the global financial markets, and many other groundbreaking achievements. If these types of projects excite you, contact our in-house expert, Caroline Thomas – moc.l1569176494esnuo1569176494cecne1569176494dac@s1569176494amoht1569176494c1569176494 today.
This position is the primary point of their Intellectual Property work across all facets of the company: patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret. You will be able to guide the company’s engineers through cutting edge legal issues related to innovative product development and cultivate and defend their most important asset: Intellectual Property. You’ll also serve as one of their patent specialists, spending a considerable amount of your time helping to build and manage their portfolio. In addition, you will offer counsel on a range of intellectual property issues from open source usage to software license agreements.
In this role, you’ll be the authority on legal needs related to patenting, development, and licensing of groundbreaking technology, and will apply this mastery in support of the company’s mission. As a member of the broader team, you’ll also work on the range of issues and projects that arise at a fast-paced, mission-focused company – from negotiating commercial agreements with Fortune 50 companies to working on regulatory, data privacy, employment and international issues.
- JD and 3-8 years of intellectual property-related legal practice experience
- Intellectual curiosity about new software technologies and an eagerness to dive into technical details
- Familiarity with patent prosecution
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent business judgment with the ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams
- Ability to work cross-functionally across product and business teams
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- In-house experience with patent portfolio management and strategy
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent technical degree/expertise is a plus